EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.
TO BE READ BY APPLICANT
I authorize you to make such investigations and inquiries of my personal, employment, financial or medical history and other related matters as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision. (Generally, inquiries regarding medical history will be made only if and after a conditional offer of employment has been extended.) I hereby release employers, schools, health care providers and other persons from all liability in responding to inquiries and releasing information in connection with my application.
In the event of employment, I understand that false or misleading information given in my application or interview may result in discharge. I understand, also, that I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the company.
I understand the information I provide regarding current and/or previous employers may be used, and those employer(s) will be contacted, for the purpose of investigating my safety performance history as required by 49 CFR 391.23(d) and (e). I understand that I have the right to:
- Review information provided by previous employers;
- Have errors in the information corrected by previous employers and for those previous employers to re-send the corrected information to the prospective employer; and
- Have a rebuttal statement attached to the alleged erroneous information, if the previous employer(s) and I cannot agree on the accuracy of the information.
Employment Application Certification
I certify that I have read and understood all of this employment application. It is agreed and understood that the employer or his agents, may investigate my background to ascertain any and all information of concern to my employment history, whether same is of record or not, and I release employers and other persons named herein from all liability for any damages on account of furnishing such information. I understand that, as an applicant for a position with this company, I may be asked to demonstrate that I am capable of performing tasks which are pertinent to the job. I also understand that if offered a job, it may be conditioned on the results of a physical examination, drug test, and/or motor vehicle record.
I further certify that I am a genuine applicant for employment and this application is being submitted solely for the purpose of seeking employment with the employer and for no other reason.
I agree to furnish such additional information and complete such examinations as may be required to complete my employment file.
I also understand that misrepresentation or omission of information or facts may result in my rejection or dismissal.
If hired, I agree to abide by all the rules and policies of the employer.
I understand that I will be required, prior to hire, to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States and information on any relevant criminal convictions.
This certifies that this application was completed by me, and that all entries on it and information in it are true and complete to the best of my knowledge.
Driver Employment Job Description
Job applicants for the position of driver for Cliff Viessman, Inc. must be able to perform these essential job functions safely:
- Climb into and out of the cab of a conventional semi tractor.
- Must be able to visually inspect engine water levels and dip stick oil levels on the tractor’s engine during their daily and pre-trip inspections.
- Climb onto the top of a tank trailer in order to open dome cover for loading and unloading procedures.
- Must be able to assist in the hand unloading or loading of a van or a refer trailer.
- Must be able to climb into the back of a live bottom trailer to move product around for unloading. And for the adjustment of tarp covers.
- Must be able to shift a manual transmission on a semi-tractor.
- Must be able to safely operate tractor foot pedals (Clutch, brake, and accelerator pedal).
- Must have a current Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with proper endorsements.
- Must have a current DOT physical.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen test.
Driver Notification and Release
In connection with my application for employment (including contract for services) with you, I understand that a consumer report which may contain public record information is being requested from DAC Services, Tulsa, Oklahoma. This report may include the following types of information: names and dates of previous employers, reason for termination of employment, work experience, accidents, etc. I further understand that such report may contain public record information concerning my driving record, workers’ compensation claims, credit, bankruptcy proceedings, criminal records, etc., from federal, state, and other agencies which maintain such record; as well as information from DAC concerning previous driving record requests made by others from such state agencies, and state provided driving records.
I AUTHORIZE, WITHOUT RESERVATION, ANY PARTY OR AGENCY CONTACTED BY DAC TO FURNISH THE ABOVE-MENTIONED INFORMATION.
I have the right to make a request to DAC, upon proper identification, to request the nature and substance of all information in its files on me at the time of my request, including the sources of information; and the recipients of any reports on me which DAC has previously furnished within the two year period preceding my request. I hereby consent to your obtaining the above information from DAC, and I agree that such information which DAC has or obtains, and my employment history with you if I am hired, will be supplied by DAC to other companies which subscribe to DAC services.
I agree that I have reviewed this IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE.